When you use Normal, you are trusting us with your information. We take your privacy seriously.
Normal collects a range of information, including personal information about you. Personal information includes information that identifies you or from which you are reasonably identifiable.
This policy outlines the types of information we collect, why we collect it and how you can manage, update and delete the information we hold.
- Fem Technologies Pty Ltd ABN 11 643 196 990 trading as 'Find Your Normal' (Normal, we, us or our) is an online platform that seeks to address the often-taboo topic of sexual devices for female and male audiences. We do this by:
- carefully sourcing our devices;
- supplementing our devices with educational materials; and
- making sure the purchasing experience is easy, convenient and regret-free.
- Normal is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
2 How we collect your personal information
- We will collect and hold your personal information in a lawful and fair manner, and not in an intrusive way.
- Where it is reasonably practical to do so, we will collect your personal information directly from you.
- We collect your personal information directly from you when you:
- visit the Website and sign up as a subscriber to Normal content;
- make an inquiry or order in relation to products or services through our Website;
- complete an optional survey about your sexual preferences through our Website (Survey);
- contact us by telephone or facsimile;
- correspond with us, including when you complete our online form, contact us through our Website or write to us by email or on paper;
- upload your personal information on any mobile applications operated by Normal;
- complete a customer satisfaction and market research survey; or
- participate in any of our services.
- We may also collect your personal information:
- from you or third parties when administering and performing any contracts with service providers; or
- from publicly available sources and third parties, such as suppliers, recruitment agencies, contractors, our clients and business partners.
- If we collect personal information about you from a third party we will, where appropriate, request that the third party inform you that we are holding your information, how we will use and disclose it, and that you may contact us to gain access to and correct or update the information.
3 Types of personal information we collect
- The types of personal information we collect include (but are not limited to): your name, postal address, email address, contact phone numbers, date of birth, billing and shipping information, device ID, IP address, statistics on page views, traffic, standard web log-in information, details of the products and services you make enquiries about, written consents related to the services we facilitate and, if applicable, employment information.
- If you complete a Survey, we will collect and hold sensitive information about you (for example, your sexual orientation or practices). We only collect sensitive information about you with your consent, or otherwise in accordance with the Privacy Act.
- Where you do not wish to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to facilitate the requested services or provide the products you order.
4 Our purposes for handling your personal information
- We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information to:
- recommend, offer and provide you with our products and services;
- manage and administer those products and services, including account keeping procedures;
- communicate with you about a number of matters, including but not limited to, the products or services you have sought, dispatch and track information, returns and exchange authorisations, or to email you tax invoices;
- send you marketing or promotional information in relation to Normal or any of Normal’s group companies or business partners that might be of interest to you;
- comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- consider your application for employment (if applicable); and
- otherwise to manage our business.
5 Disclosure of personal information
- We disclose personal information between Normal group companies and third parties such as our suppliers, organisations that provide us with technical and support services, or our professional advisors, where permitted by the Privacy Act. If we disclose information to a third party, we require that the third party protect your information to the same extent that we do.
- parcel delivery providers;
- cloud service providers; and
- payment system operators (such as Shopify).
- We will not use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose unless you have consented to that use or disclosure.
6 Protection of personal information
- We will hold personal information as either secure physical records, electronically on our intranet system, in cloud storage, and in some cases, as records on third party servers, which may be located overseas.
- We maintain appropriate physical, procedural and technical security for our offices and information storage facilities so as to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, or modification of personal information. This also applies to disposal of the personal information.
- We further protect personal information by restricting access to your personal information to only those who need access to the personal information to do their job. Physical, electronic and managerial procedures have been employed to safeguard the security and integrity of your personal information.
- We will destroy or de-identify personal information once it is no longer needed for a valid purpose or required to be kept by law.
7 Direct marketing
- Like most businesses, marketing is important to our ongoing success. We believe we have a unique range of products and services that we provide to customers at a high standard. Therefore we like to stay in touch with customers and let them know about new opportunities. We may provide you with information about new products, services and promotions either from us, or from third parties which may be of interest to you.
- We will not disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes without your consent.
- You may opt out at any time if you no longer wish to receive marketing messages from us. You can make this request by unsubscribing from all future marketing messages by following the unsubscribe link included in our marketing material or by contacting our Privacy Officer.
9 Accessing and correcting your personal information
- At any time, you may contact our Privacy Officer to request access to the personal information that we hold about you or to make corrections to that information. On the rare occasion when we refuse access, we will provide you with a written notice stating our reasons for refusing access. We may seek to recover from you reasonable costs incurred for providing you with access to any of the personal information that we hold about you.
- We are not obliged to correct any of your personal information if we do not agree that it requires correction and may refuse to do so. If we refuse a correction request, we will provide you with a written notice stating our reasons for refusal.
- We will respond to all requests for access to or correction of personal information within a reasonable period.
10 Overseas transfers of personal information
- From time to time we may engage an overseas recipient to provide services to us, such as cloud-based storage solutions. Please note that the use of an overseas service provider to store personal information will not always involve a disclosure of personal information to that overseas provider. However, by providing us with your personal information, you consent to the storage of such information on overseas servers (such as servers located in the United States of America) and acknowledge that APP 8.1 will not apply to such disclosures. For the avoidance of doubt, in the event that an overseas recipient breaches the APPs, that entity will not be bound by, and you will not be able seek redress under, the Privacy Act.
- If in future we do propose to disclose personal information overseas other than as above, we will do so in compliance with the requirements of the Privacy Act. We will, where practicable, advise you of the countries in which any overseas recipients are likely to be located.
- If you do not want us to disclose your information to overseas recipients, please let our Privacy Officer know.
11 Resolving personal information concerns
The Privacy Officer
Telephone: 0491 205 199
- Your experience with Normal is important to us, so we endeavour to respond to any complaint within a reasonable period.
- If you are dissatisfied with the handling of your complaint, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001
Telephone: 1300 363 992